Well, tomorrow will be long day...

10:23 PM Posted In , , , , , Edit This 2 Comments »


The man that won my heart so many years ago is having surgery to remove his gall bladder tomorrow. It is a pretty basic proceedure but... Tom has CAH (Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia). This can severly complicate the surgery itself and his recovery. He takes high doses of different steriods, they keep his adrenal glands functioning as near normal as possible for him.

Tom (pictured on the left) and his brother.

I have nearly lost him too many times. It has been difficult. The first time was in his twenties, we were both so young and a life filled with possibilities. He was honorably discharged from the Air Force. This was hard as he had planned it to be a career. This left him with a disability that affects him daily.

He is such a wonderful support to me, loving and kind. We do clash at times as we were both raised on differing sides of the of the Mason Dixon line. He is from the mid south, Missippi to be exact, me well, home is a farm in Pennsylvania. It can be a very interesting marriage at times.

I worry about him, will his body hold up to the stress of surgery, what about recovery and then home recovery. How many extra steriod shots will he need to keep from going into shock. Lord willing he will be home later tomorrow night to my care. I pray for no complications, I need my eternal partner here in this life!

Dulie, Wife to Tom, my Mighty Viking!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Just thought you should know that I am praying for you, and your wonderfuld DH.

Unknown said...

Dear Dulie and Tom,
I pray all goes well tomorrow. If you want more information about or want to connect to a community of those with CAH, please visit our website at www.caresfoundation.org We have over 2000 members. We'd love to have you connected. Your blog popped up on my google alert for CAH.
Be well,
Kelly Leight
President and Founder of CARES Foundation, Inc.
1-866-227-3737
kelly@caresfoundation.org