A Lesson From a Spider

9:54 AM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
As I sit here I'm watching a spider spin her web outside on the window. Why she decided there I do not know. The wind is blowing her architecture against the glass. She still perservers.

She has bumped into the window glass, the frame more than a few times and as I'm watching her I feel a string of emotions. First was suprise, why on earth there, when shelter just a foot or two away. Sympathy for her poor little body being blown around in the wind. Empathy, as I watch her I know how hard she works and may want to stop, give up, rest but must continue on, her life and those of future young depend on it.

I can see that she has chosen a different course, just in the time I type this. She has moved to the corner more, not totally out of harms way but in a place with a little more protection from the wind.

I sit here and feel like I don't want to do this day. There are appointments to make at Children's for Tommy. I'm weary from seeing his pale face, his loss of weight, the worry of when he'll feel more like himself. I try not to let him see, Tom see how worried and tired it makes me. Then I see this spider. How hard she works, how tiring it must be to not just weave her web, but to work so endlessly at what seems to be a futal cause. Then it realize that for her it isn't futal, she continues know that in the end she'll be able to rest as she waits.

I find I want to help her. Then I realize that it isn't for me to help her, it is her matter. I must take care of my own for only I can do some of what must be done.

How odd to feel more motivated by watching a spider. It's as if she has inspired me, if she can keep moving in faith that in the end it is her efforts that count I can also.

To think, just watching what I assume to be a spider's struggle so inspiring. I know that if this small creature of Father's can have faith and not quit, I can accomplish something myself. I think today, I shall weave.

0 comments: